10 Commandments for my Blog
A new personal website and blog project with renewed attitude, in the spirit of commitment!
In the spirit of the Set Aside prayer, here is a suggested list for “managing” my work on this blog:
- Offer myself writing time as often as I feel called to – Try for at least once per day.
- I might initially generate the content at a secondary destination (Notebook, word processing software, note app on my smartphone, voice transcription tool), but the production environment ought to equal the publication environment, i.e., the WordPress CMS – No backup folders necessary!
- Snap a photo of something I’ve encountered today, even if it’s just a selfie or landscape of my setting, being mindful of basic image size optimizations: 16×9 aspect ratio; max width =1200 pixels; compression as JPEG; text caption; etc.
- Publish with an attitude of surrendering the outcome and the details for the creative process – Let go and let God.
- While I might use previously generated materials to include as blog posts, I should by no means attempt to migrate existing collections from past projects onto this site.
- The inherent set of blocks and formatting options I have available are sufficient to get the message across with “good enough” emphasis modalities – The rabbit holes of feature sets and styling tools are too vast to satisfy my desires for the ideal display.
- Release the need to define and catalog system processes and specifications here… Oh, wait a minute…
- No need to rework published materials – Let them serve as historical records to preserve their initial integrity.
- If all else fails and if I abandon this project, I can always capture screenshots of the post collection and move on.
- This is not a business or community-building project. There are no intended outcomes.
There. Now, doesn’t that feel better already?
Release and renew, one day at a time.